Asia / Asia Tour Super Live / Live in Asia / 亜細亜
Sound Design Records / Japan
Year of release:
- Live Recording.
- The first official album with a pure percussion song ("Japanese Drums").
- Recorded 2. August 1984 in Shanghai (Shanghai People's Gymnasium), 9. September 1984 in Kuala Lumpur (Garden Park) and
11. September in Kota Kinabal (State People's Gymnasium).
- The song "Dawn in Malaysia" was a re-arrangement by Kitaro. The original title is "Getaran Jiwa" (The Stirring Of My Heart) and
is written by one of the most famous malaysian composers, P. Ramlee. The original song is very famous, because of copyright reasons I couldn't
put a MP3 file here. But I found three different MIDI versions: Version 1
- Version 2 -
Released in Europe by Polydor as "Live in Asia". Re-released in 1985 by Geffen Records as "Asia".
- Earth Born (地球創成)
- Caravansary (キャラバンサライ)
- Theme Of Silk Road (シルクロードのテーマ)
- Cosmic Love (コズミック・ラブ)
- Cloud (空の雲)
- Japanese Drums (和太鼓)
- Return To Russia (ロシアへの想い)
- Straight Away to Orion (オリオン)
- Dawn In Malaysia (マレーの星)
Real live album, probably to promote Silver Cloud. I think because of the two concerts in Malaysia he re-arranged the song "Getaran Jiwa" to honor the malaysian composer P. Ramlee.
Other cover versions:
||Sound Design Records / Japan